Home

soon to be new guy

nrada

im going to buy SWG in the next 2 weeks cause Everquest is starting to suck with all these expansions. Question is what is a quick way to get a character moving, thinking of going the creature handler or smugler direction when i get the game.

ch would be very slow. i would say pistoleer and carbineer is easiest. rifleman close behind. I'm two boxes from master pistoleer now but I don't think it is very powerful. I used to have some pistoleer along with the bh pistol tree and with my scatter pistol i was very powerful. but I heard they nerfed all the pistols so I dont know if that combination would be good now and it takes lots of skill points. if you go straight pistoleer you will have skill points left over. I have some ch and im working up unarmed to get smuggler pistol skills. my advice is dont worry about going fast. people drop professions every day in this game. my advice is to start off with something and if you dont like it switch. eventually you will find something you like.

I completely agree with what was said with above. Just wanted add something

Create a temporary character, and pick a profession. Walk around the city, check the bazaar, get a feel for things. Then log out, delete your character, and create another with a different species/profession. Again, get a feel for things a little more, and try attacking something, check the bazaar, go out into the wilderness a little bit. If your not satisfied with your last character, then repeat until you find the species you like, and/or the profession you like.

I found out its better to create/delete (when you first start playing the game) because you get to go through different starting professions, as well as get a feel for them. Not to mention, learning a profession from the trainers does not provide you with the necessary materials as does the profession you started out with.

This worked for me.

Archived