Home

Payment?

Jo din doo

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but i would like to know these two questions before i purchase the game.

I have a Visa Electron card, is this type of card accepted to make the payments seems i've noticed some websites will accept it and others will not.

Is there a site where i can see the amount it will cost in English pounds per month instead of dollars?

Cheers

Guest DarthMaulUK

Does your Electron card have a 3 digit number on the signature strip?

If not, then it probably wont. To play the game, it should cost around £11 a month

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Good luck.

Im still trying to find out if these 'Player cards' are coming to the UK for Galaxies. Still no word - but judging by the poor sales of the game, they probably might not.

Either way, player game cards could increase the amount of people playing, especially now Galaxies is £20 in most places.

DMUK

Well i purchased the game read the booklet on the way home and was very excited about playing this. Got home installed the game got my account set up, got my payments going done my character and i was thrown into the tutorial/introduction. Well that was fine and everything was running sound...........i even starting thinking why are people whinning about the FPS mines running fine.

Got my ticket to tatoonie and thats where the fun started. I move one foot and it starts lagging everywhere. My mate says turn the graphics to zero on everything which is what i do, very slight improvement but i shouldn't have to this seems my computer is better than the recommended requirements. i wait for ages for my mate to come and help me online to get me started, he gives me a speeder a gun loads of credits and i'm starting to get bored because the game is very slow and not that exciting. We then get a mission so we hop on the speeders and away we go. The lag seemed to double now we were on our speeders and away from the people and town, we completed our mission and stopped playing seems it really is unbareable.

My account has been cancelled and i am taking the game back to the good people at PC World tomorrow.

Keep in mind my computer isn't slow, it can run all the latest games on full detail with no slow down what so ever.

AMD Athlon 3000+

512 RAM

128 Geforce 4 Ti4800 SE

Blue Yonder Broadband

Is it me or when looking at the recommended requirements (not minimun) does my computer either beat or equal so why should i have to have graphics on zero to still recieve lag?

Wierd. Glad i kept that reciept handy

Guest DarthMaulUK

Shame you found Galaxies to be a poor experience. Graphically, the game is very far ahead but with all the people on the servers etc, means that things do chug some what.

Lag is a major issue for some people - but its something you have to live with if you connect to the US servers.

It certainly isnt your ISP - as Blueyonder rocks (I miss it so much and am infact moving home just to be back on it!!)

People shout @ me for cussing Galaxies and I have noted those that have changed their mind about it...(from good thoughts to bad) but truth of the matter is, Galaxies has nothing to offer and its about time the Producers and the marketing machine stopped telling us otherwise.

DMUK

Archived