Home

video. from 32mb to 256mb.

Diables

so, yesterday i bought bfg asylum geforce fx 5200 256mb graphics card. I was playing with 32mb ati radeon card and even with graphics option almost as low as they would go i was lucky if i wasn't running at 1 fps. so i installed my new card last night and turned all graphics settings all the way up. wow. first thing i notice is shadows. and the field of view is huge. i couldn't get used to that so had to turn it back down a little. i was at jabba's palace so i decided to go to naboo and check it out. usually naboo looks the same as tatooine to me, desert. last night it looked like a huge swamp. and the water looked real. how did i play so long without it? it even makes counter strike look better. i got on there and pwned some 1337 kids, hahaha. if they only know it was a 33 year old man who just took their head off at 100 meters with a smg;) anyway if you dont have a nice video card you must purchase one. it makes all teh difference.

Originally posted by Lord Haine

What about a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro 128Mb, how would that be in the game?

And what kind of FPS are you guys getting? Is it true that there is a FPS limit of 29 FPS?

Not that I heard of. On average I get a 25-30 fps. But on low server population, and those special days with barely any lag, I've hit around 60-70fps.

I definately know what you guys are talking about tho. I jumped up from a Geforce 2 32mb card, to the Radeon 9600 XT 256mb ram.

I did have shadows on for a bit, but when swg lagged, it was brutal trying to get through town with the shadows, so I turned them off.

Archived