Home

The Invincible Superpeople of Chandrila

Guest Imladil

Guest Imladil

Well, you guys know how I am about ground dudes by now. I like to zap them up, because there's something satisfying about the flames and the screaming...I'm sure Flamin Tie would understand. smile.gif

Lately, I've been making a study of the collateral damage factor when applied to the different battle situations in Rogue Squadron. On some levels, like Thyferra, avoiding civilian casualties is important enough that too many stray shots can actually cost you the day. On other levels, however, the people on the ground seem to count for nothing in scoring...it can be fun, seeing which people and buildings can be destroyed and which can't.

For example, on Tatooine, the buildings of Mos Eisley can be destroyed while Jabba's palace cannot...at least not within the span of time it takes me to drop bombs without getting bored. The Sarlacch, also, doesn't seem to be affected by laserfire or torpedoes.

On the train simulation at Kessel, I tried blowing up the train depot in desperation one day. You can, but it doesn't stop the train from somehow offloading its cargo.

The level that astonished me the most was Chandrila. Those people running around on the ground are INVINCIBLE! Laserfire does not affect them, and I have witnessed them running through Imperial bomb blasts utterly without damage. Can anybody explain to me how this works?

We need to recruit some Chandrilans for the war!

------------------

"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Brave

"Why don't frogs have tails?"

--Little Jimmy

Guest TheForceGuy

definately flamin tie...

They spin around and fly into cliffs and such... definetly kool stuff

------------------

Never under estimate the power of the Force.

Guest Shootist

Bang, bang, bang. I like to smoke the groundies, the Ties, bombers... If it moves, I'll shoot it. If it doesn't move, I'll paint it....THEN SHOOT IT!!!

Guest Imladil

I just got back from the battle on Mon Calamari, where I did some more dude-zapping. The squid cities are utterly deserted; the inhabitants of that world must have more common sense than the rest. However, there are some civilians out lollygagging at the third city.

I like to brighten up their day. wink.gif

------------------

"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Dude

"How round is the sun?"

--Little Jimmy

Guest The Flying Nosehair

And I'm sure they would appreciate it...

If they were conscious long enough to tell what had happened to them. wink.gif

------------------

There are many factors inhibiting temptation...

Strongest of all being cowardice.

-Mark Twain

Guest Corran Horn

I love a head on with an Interceptor in Thyferra. Two ships, X-Wing VS TIE Interceptor, engines screaming, target in sight, watching the other fall into your cross-hair and then... FIRE!

Watch that TIE burn! Watch it spin as its Twin Ion Engines over load. (Too bad you don't get a transmission from the TIE pilot saying, "I'll kill you!" smile.gif

He he...

------------------

Knock, knock knocking on heavens door.

- Guns and Roses

<Corran>

Guest Imladil

Voices aren't good, people!

.........Although you're never lonely when you have voices. wink.gif

------------------

--Imladil the Hungry

"What time is it on Mars?"

--Little Jimmy

Guest Lt Cracken

I have voices... WAIT!! YOU DON'T HEAR THEM?!?! GO AWAY!! smile.gifwink.gif

------------------

Even if you dodge this, Kakarotto,

THIS PLANET'S GOING UP IN SMOKE!!

Vegeta, DragonBall Z

• 9 months later...
Guest flamin_tie

*sigh* I still remember seeing those flames and smoke shooting out of those twin ion engines on that fighter as it hurtled toward the ground making that screaming noise...my first kill on an interceptor...*sigh* the good old days.

Now I blow up Russian and Chinese....hell, any enemy aircraft...that crosses my AMRAAM's path.

Guest flamin_tie

Prisoners?? There's prisoners?? I thought you were supposed to kill those SOBs without thinking twice....awwwwww, da*mn! The UN is gonna have my a*ss in a sling!!

Archived