Home

Where to find game dialogue scripts?

huntster

The ingame cutscenes are just scripted sequences using the game engine and thus unviewable outside the game. The prerendered cutscenes are .roq files. I think Raven's toolkit has a tutorial on making them and the program necessary. The existing videos you can replace with any .roq movie you create. To eliminate a video entirely, just rename a blank text file to the name of the video you want to get rid of and pak it up. They're in Assets0.pk3, /video/, *.roq.

Grab the toolkit off Jk2files.com.

Here's a tutorial if the tookit doesn't have it: ROQ Tutorial

I searched around a bit and found this. Go to the 'Media Player Classic' section and download the latest version (right now it's MPC 6.4.8.2). Be sure to get your operating system's version. The one on the top is 2K/XP, the bottom one is 98/ME - it has the initials in the filename. It plays the RoQs fine. To capture a screenshot, on the menu go to View>Options. On the list to the left click on Keys. On the box to the right, on the line that says Save Image, bind it to VK_HOME (or whatever is convenient). Play your video, then press the HOME key (or the one you bound) to capture a jpg or bitmap image. Have fun. :)

thanks samuel! that program works great (though it has strange orange pixels in some scenes, something that the game engine filters out i would guess). it'll take some work to do proper resizing, but well worth it over the other screencap program i was using. it will be great for other movies i need screenshots from as well. you are darn good at information brokering, for a human being ;D thanks again for all your help

Archived