Home

Using SP maps in MP mode

elvencrest

Single Player co-op mode in Multiplayer

Just a quick question.

How am I able to "create" a multiplayer game in Jedi Academy using a single player map?

Basicly, I want to host a single player map game in MP mode, which essentually creates a co-op mode so to speak. I have heard that this IS possible, and would like to try it out, but I have no idea how to do it.

Is it as simple as hosting a MP game, and then loading a single player map (game) from jedi academy? Or is there a special mod I need to acomplish this? Do I need cheats enabled?

Any assistance would be apreciated greatly, as I'm fairly new to the MP scene. Thanks again.......

And as alway's .........."Live long and Mod"..........

Set the g_gametype first in the console (such as FFA or Team FFA, being 0 or 6 respectively).

Then load the map in the console as you normally would.

So if the map is called "hoth2" then load it like this:

map hoth2

(or devmap hoth2 if you want cheats, which I recommend since there are bugs loading most SP maps in MP mode like this like spots that can't be completed without some cheat, etc).

Just keep in mind that some maps are virtually unplayable (too much lag from too many npc's; or from script bugs that make it so that players will get trapped without cheats). But it's fun to mess around with!

Archived