Home

Question-multiplayer

trm180

Yeah. Those abilities are not part of the base game, but used by many server side "admin mods" like he said.

To learn how to use them (many can only be used by the admin or subadmins of the server) visit the appropriate forum or website of the mod in question (or consult that mod's readme).

Avoid these servers if you can, they tend to attract n00bs, roleplayer wannabes and power-abusive admins!

I have a question,

Why did there have to be an admin mod in the first place? Why was it released publicly?

Did they not see what would come. Everyone would want the new mod to only treat everyone else like animals while they are so called "gods" in there server. It happens all the time. There are more (internal) [home] servers than public 24/7 servers.

Better yet they then foolishly/childishly put characters in front of their server names to get it on top trying to say "€" is the secret letter. Well it's not a secret! Anyone can use any extended ascii variable, but most people don't know. Whatever the fad is, they follow even if there server name looks so unprofessional and they wonder why noobs always come in and annoy. Damn you can't even see the server name people put to many letters in front. Once I saw like 50 of them. Oh, whose clan server is that?

Majority of the JK2 servers all have admin mods from DC Mod to Jedi Academy Mod not including the "^^" problem. Why make some empowerment work by someones name, why not make it a variable to become 1 or 0? It's been there all the way still today. You have to try and catch people with a name like that to ban them.

Back to the admin mods, it completely destroyed JK2 and is starting with JKA. People sit around in there servers all day floating in the sky or sitting like they own the place, etc...

My whole problem with this thing is, why release such a powerful burden [mod] to people who can't control themselves nor their actions and expect the community to be full of intelligent 30 year olds?

The money, the fame, the prestigious title?

p.s. You can edit my post all you want, if you want, but don't you think its time the truth comes out?

- AC :: Cobra

The 'truth' has already come out, many times before. The evil admins and annoying people will always be there, and you'll never be rid of them.

The mods were released publicly because people liked them. Some people enjoy the 'power trip' and crushing other players with their (essentially) cheated god powers. That's the situation with JK2, and I doubt that it will ever change. :(

Heh, and not everyone below the age of 30 acts like that either...

DON'T INSULT ME AGAIN!

nm, jk. :D

Archived