Home

Aaaaaaagh

There is no such thing as "AOC!" There is no such game as "Age of Conquerors!" I am tired of people comparing Galactic Battlegrounds to "AOC," and then me wondering what they're talking about. Then I realize, "oh wait, they're talking about a nonexistent game, but they must mean THE CONQUERORS."

See, first there was Age of Empires. Its expansion pack was Rise of Rome, not "Age of Rome." Then they made Age of Empires II, or Age of Kings. The expansion pack is The Conquerors, not this "Age of Conquerors" BS. Everyone I've talked to and chatted with up until now gets it right, I've always heard and read "The Conquerors," "TC," or "AOK:TC." But now I go on the GB room in the Zone and these forums and it's all "AOC, AOC, this game is like Age of Conquerors, this game was based off the AOC engine." Is this some sort of phenomenon unique to the GB community or what?

(Oh, and in case anyone is actually offended by this post, eat some ice cream and reflect on the finer things in life before you start some sort of flame war...I'm just bewildered how people can screw up a game's name like this. I'm not flaming anyone in particular in this post because I've seen this error a lot here.)

Guest Luke Skywalker

Does the Age of Empires 2 box acctually say Age of Kings. Is that what the game is acctualy called? I forget now, i sold it. (lol)

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

Does the Age of Empires 2 box acctually say Age of Kings. Is that what the game is acctualy called? I forget now, i sold it. (lol)

The official title is "Age of Empires II: Age of Kings"

Archived