Home

Payment In Uk

Itsmehoops

Sorry to bring up payment issue again with people in the UK without credits card but I was talking to someone in the game and they mentioned that it is possible to pay using a solo card through something called Globel collect if this is true what is Globel collect

Guest DarthMaulUK

It doesnt seem that global collect can help. I think the dude was trying to sell you a fast one ;-)

Hopefully, this month Activision, who publish all Lucasarts titles in Europe might re-consider about Game Cards. They will be informing me some time this month

In the mean time, check out http://www.importmadness.com for Game cards and they accept Solo as payment - but it will cost extra :-(

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Nope.

The problem has been around since March and because Galaxies didn't sell very well in the UK, it's not a priority. You can get a new CD key from their tech support line if you were to re-purchase the game. Be prepared to scan in your receipt.

DMUK

Well I just ordered the game off pc world online it cost me £39.98 thats double what I was expecting but what the hell every where else I tried had sold out or sent stock back with the key error I hope this 1 will be ok and if not I hope it will be easy enough to get a new key

Guest DarthMaulUK

Why did it cost so much? Cancel your order straight away. Galaxies is NOT worth £40!!

Try WHSMITHs or a naff retailer like that. They could still have stock in @ £19.99.

DMUK

Sorry to keep on asking questions but firstly I took your advice and I got the game £15 cheaper :) I also ordered a game card for 60 days but my card will come 4-5 days after the game will I be able to activate my account and start playing with the free 30 days you get which may be 60 days free according to a email I got or will I have to wait form my game card to come, man why did I download the game bloody addictive thing its all I been trying to sort out for past few days:D

Guest DarthMaulUK

The game cards are 60 days worth of play. I am still waiting to hear when they will,if at all, be released in the UK and Europe.

As for Galaxies being addictive - give it time! ;)

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

If you have bought the game, you can start playing, free, for 30 days. Once your 30 days are up, you then type in the Game card number, when it arrives

DMUK

A tip for those who can't/won't get credit cards in the UK...

Try and get a bank debit card with a VISA symbol on it. e.g. VISA/Delta or VISA/Electron cards. These debit direct from the bank but are accepted anywhere that takes VISA.

Though there are more risks involved with bank cards as they don't carry the same kind of Internet fraud protection that credit cards do.

I strongly urge the use of credit cards though if you've never had one. They seriously improve your credit rating which means you can get loans and mortgages in the future. You don't have to pay just the minimum, you can pay the whole lot off every month so it won't cost you a penny and gives you a month or so breathing space too.

Dark Pulse - Unfortunately in the UK, going back for another is almost impossible as there are no stocks :(. Okay we're promised new stocks but there's no sign of that happening for a good few weeks, and I'm currently stuck with no game following the trial expiring :(.

Archived