Home

Rome: Total War

Hiroki

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Some cavalry are just in small groups because they are so powerful. Skirmisher cavalry are in groups of 40 or more usually. You can replace men in units that are understrength by going to the build menu on a city and clicking the "Retrain" tab (where the Recruitment tab is).

I know, the point is that all units (except bodyguard and siege/special units) are either 13-14 strong (cavalry) or 20-22 strong (infantry/ranged), and they've been that way since the beginning. And that's at full strenght.

And the skirmisher cavalry were only 13 as well, I checked. Thanks anyway, though.

No one else has this problem?

Hehe :). Would be sweet to see 10,000 units clashing together on the same battlefield. Like in the intro, where thousands of cavalry charge down against the barbarian besiegers.

Anyways, you'll have to start a new game to get the new settings, so you know :(. But I'm not sure though, should I put it on normal or large? I'm really tempted by large, but I'm a little worried about system issues, that it might lag. Think I'll try some test battles to see system performance with lots of units.

Originally posted by Breton

Hehe :). Would be sweet to see 10,000 units clashing together on the same battlefield. Like in the intro, where thousands of cavalry charge down against the barbarian besiegers.

Anyways, you'll have to start a new game to get the new settings, so you know :(. But I'm not sure though, should I put it on normal or large? I'm really tempted by large, but I'm a little worried about system issues, that it might lag. Think I'll try some test battles to see system performance with lots of units.

Yeah, it's funny how I always wanted to do that one scene as well...Must be the RotK Pelennor Fields influence. Or maybe it's just awesome. :cool:

My unit size on my campaign is Normal, doesn't cause too many issues. Huge makes my system lag in spots, but not enough to really take away from the incredible clashes you get from turning it on... ;)

Archived