Home

Question for Games Service Providers (GSP)s

Jetstream

Question for Professional Games Hosting Providers (GSPs)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Question for Professional Games Hosting Providers (GSPs)

• I can run multiple SWBF servers per box. No problem here.
    • I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and won't sell SWBF until I do. I'm just running a test server for now.
    • I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and won't sell SWBF until I do. I'm just running a test server for now. If the problem isn't resolved soon, I probably won't bother to sell this game.
    • I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and I've presold servers and am losing most SWBF customers who are cancelling since I can't service them.
    • I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and I've presold servers and am temporarily rearranging my boxes so I can have one SWBF server per box and am servicing some of my customers.
    • I notice the advertisement for a GSP in the SWBF manual and am worrying that Lucas Arts may have provided the necessary information/means to a single GSP they have a financial agreement with (perhaps some kickbacks) and would appreciate clarification on this point from Lucas Arts.

Hi.

If you normally run a games farm and rent out virtual servers to others, would appreciate if you'd vote here. Lets get some useful feedback for Lucas Arts so they can understand the depth of this problem.

Poll options:

1) I can run multiple SWBF servers per box. No problem here.

2) I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and won't sell SWBF until I do. I'm just running a test server for now.

3) I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and won't sell SWBF until I do. I'm just running a test server for now. If the problem isn't resolved soon, I probably won't bother to sell this game.

4) I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and I've presold servers and am losing most SWBF customers who are cancelling since I can't service them.

5) I can't run multiple SWBF servers per box and I've presold servers and am temporarily rearranging my boxes so I can have one SWBF server per box and am servicing some of my customers.

6) I notice the advertisement for a GSP in the SWBF manual and am worrying that Lucas Arts may have provided the necessary information/means to a single GSP they have a financial agreement with (perhaps some kickbacks) and would appreciate clarification on this point from Lucas Arts.

and you can add zero interaction with the one group of users who will be running 90%+ of the servers to the mix too. Come on Pandemic/Lucas Arts. You might not be able to promise when but can you specifically post that a fix will be out "some time" for the innability to specify an IP address so we can run more than one server on a box? That's not asking much.

Archived