Home

Graphics Setting

Guest SGSmitty

Guest SGSmitty

What is the best graphics setting? I see screen shots that appear to have more detailed models than what I am seeing. I have 3D card (TNT) and set options to maximum.

Also, What use is the MIP mapping setting?

Thanks,

Guest Joe Schmo

i also have a 16 mb tnt1 based card. mip-mapping can make your game look a bit ugly, but it improves framerate. its much less easy to notice when the texture resolution is at medium... but play around with it...

ps when xwa upgrade is done, its gonna put polygons through the roof!!! smile.gif

Guest Sheldon

Try this with your TNT. In the video options, set the brightness all the way down, and I do mean all the way. Then go into the game, you'll see that your models are more detailed.

Also, you can edit your config.cfg file in your XWA directory to make the low detail textures stay detailed all the time even at large distances. smile.gif

Go down the file until you find this:

mipmap1 10

lod1 15

Change the 10 to 30 on mipmap1

Change the 15 to 40 on lod1.

Save changes and replay the game. There are specific settings for different resolutions, but personally, I never found a difference with the TNT, so I would keep them as I said. If you feel to jittery to edit this file, then just up the brightness.

------------------

Official Staff-Lacky at <A HREF="http://xwlegacy.outpostd34.com"" TARGET=_blank>

XWing: Legacy</A>

"Man who stands on toilet, is high on pot"

Guest OtanaMan

Originally posted by Joe Schmo:

ps when xwa upgrade is done, its gonna put polygons through the roof!!! smile.gif

Put polygons through the roof? What does that mean?

Guest Zedran

The problem with getting the graphics at their highest setting is that it creates lagg in the game....Alot of it on the zone...So when playing on the zone set the detail to its lowest level and you will do better.

Zed. eek.gif

------------------

When last we met I was but the apprentice,.."Now I am the Disaster"

Click,Click,Click,......Damn Light Saber!.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH.........

Guest Sheldon

It doesn't really cause lag on the Zone, because info of your graphic settings is not sent over the line, only coordinates of the ships that exist, and what they are, and what happens (who fires, who dies). The only lag that the graphics settings will create is on your machine. Also, you're talking about the Zone, which creates it's own lag. wink.gif

The settings I mentioned in the above post, are for Single Player only. If you want those settings for Multi, then you have to do the same editing for the multi further down in the config.cfg file.

------------------

Official Staff-Lacky at <A HREF="http://xwlegacy.outpostd34.com"" TARGET=_blank>

XWing: Legacy</A>

"Man who stands on toilet, is high on pot"

Archived