Home

A question for Ms. Talon or someone who has the knowledge.....

Guest Commander Varth

Guest Commander Varth

MS. Talon (or someone else),

How did you change the color and add a beam etc. to your personal A-Wing? And how do you make it so that when i play skirmishes, mine looks the way i want it? i want to personalize my X-Wing, and add a beam weapon. i would appreciate any help smile.gif

Commander Varth

Guest Zedran

I think that new hard points would have to be added to the opt. file to add additonal beam weapon. You may be able to change colors with mxtved editor.

Zed.

------------------

When last we met I was but the apprentice,.."Now I am the Disaster"

Click,Click,Click,......Damn Light Saber!.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH.........

my_saber-green.gif

Guest Ms. Talon

I do not know how you would change ship colors in Skirmish, for campaign missions, AlliED has a color selection box right on the main window. I actually have never used any of the beams in the Rebel fighters, but the option is there for camapign, but not skirmish, missions.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Beams are slot related (I think) and won't work on Rebel fighter slots, so just put the ship into an open craft slot. If you do, don't expect the s-foils to work.

If you want to have custom textures on the opt, you have two options: re-opt it in ACE_DXF or use XWA_Texture_Replacer. Either way you'll still have to make the new textures.

Using Texture replacer is the easiest way for a novice, but the texture you create must use the same palette as the existing texture you are replacing, because other textures will still need to use that palette.

Using ACE gives you more options in the colours you can use in your new textures, but of course you have to reapply all of the textures, add hardpoints, engine glow...

Guest Thrawn

Editing is just too much work smile.gif

I'll stick to commanding.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Cloud, I was referring to beams in skirmish mode.

As Ms. Talon stated, beams can be added to craft in campaign missions. But the mission has to be editted in order to do so. The same can be done with adding hyperdrives and sheilds to Tie Fighters for a mission.

Was the mission you had a beam installed a custom made mission, or an original game mission?

Archived