Home

TK421...

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest Ms. Talon

TK, I would really reccommend a slight reduction in agility, considering the ship's size and strength. Maybe around 80 DPF. I also think the warhead load should be much higher, considering its size, maybe around 40 rounds.

snap238.jpg

snap237.jpg

snap240.jpg

snap241.jpg

snap244.jpg

snap247.jpg

snap248.jpg

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited September 25, 2000).]

Nice screenshots there!

probably at the same time you was flying that wonderfully graphic melee I've been changing the stats on all three ships

BoP Scout

Length: 45m

Agility: 70 DPF

Speed: 100 MGLT

Shield: 150 SBD

Hull: 40 RU

Warheads: 40

Miranda Refit-II Destroyer

Length: 80m

Agility: 60 DPF

Speed: 75 MGLT

Shield: 275 SBD

Hull: 60 RU

Warheads: 40

Constellation Heavy Destroyer

Length: 130m

Agility: 55 DPF

Speed: 85 MGLT

Shield: 350 SBD

Hull: 65 RU

Warheads: 50

Using these new stats I just had a great melee with 3 BoP vs 2 Miranda and 1 Constellation, it was an awful lot of fun if I do say so myself. Thanks for the feedback Ms. Talon I greatly appreciate it

btw, if you're using a 3d Card I suggest that you turn Hardware MIP Mapping on High if it is not already set to that - those textures, especially near the rear and bridge look not quite right.

[This message has been edited by TK421 (edited September 25, 2000).]

Guest Ms. Talon

I think the BoP is right on with those stats! But I wonder if the Fed ships are still to fast and agile? I also remember that, in those big battle episodes of DS-9, the Birds of Prey (and smaller ships like the "Defiant" made fast but fairly straight strafing runs on the larger, slower starships, (they didn't actually loop or snap-roll or do snap-manuevers like true fighters.) But they were a LOT faster than the big ships.

I also think their shields and hulls should be stronger, the BoP should at least be similiar to a YT and the 2 Fed ships like a small cruiser.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited September 25, 2000).]

Archived