Home

TK421, important issue re: BoP! Read this!

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest Ms. Talon

Hi, you need to know that you need to raise the .OPT center for the Bird of Prey, currently it's in the empty space below the hull, and opposing AI CANNOT hit it from the fron or rear quarters! They are aiming at the empty space between the wings!

I'll e-mail this to you as well.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Guest Ms. Talon

Look at where the A-Wing AI is aiming in the head-on pass:

snap240.jpg

Please let me know when everything is correctted, or please e-mail me the file, I really like this .OPT! Nice work! biggrin.gif

And I cannot use MIP-mapping because I use NCA!

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited September 25, 2000).]

Thanks Ms. Talon.

I've centered it, now I just got to redo all the textures - for some reason they just went nuts on me.

I'll put the new BoP (v1.1) on my site for download tomorrow

------------------

"No no son, you gotta hit 'em in the head so they stay down, like this! *WHACK*"

TK's OPT Factory

Ok I think I got the centering done, the AI seems to get a few more kills against AI BoPs - but when they attack me they seem to be firing behind me an lot of the time, especially if they attack from a Rear-Quarter Hi/Lo position.

The new Zip file is on my site.

As for redoing the Bridge textures, I'm not sure what I could do to improve them really. They do look a lot better with MIP Mapping on, and the texture files themselves are fairly well detailed.

Does everybody who has NCA installed have this MIP Mapping-related crash problem? If so this is probably why it didn't work for me (and why I've not re-installed it since).

Guest BanzaiZAP

First - thanks both of you for turning out great stuff! It's made XWA a permanent part of my hard drive!

Second is about the MIP mapping: I know this should be posted at the SFA page (and it will be when I register) but there is NO mention about turning off MIP mapping anywhere in the Readme, or anywhere else, so nobody knows unless we're told. Docs are important, people! Our Lady Talon is very helpful, and that help is greatly appreciated. Keep it up!

-- B)

Originally posted by Ms. Talon:

Yes, they neglect to tell you about the needed 4 stock files either. I don't know how many people have been stuck and I had to e-mail those files to them.

Excuse ME?!

I Have repeatedly ad nauseum told people that they REQUIRE an unaltered copy of XWA for the files to work, and I DO have a download link for stock files on my site. I have never "neglected" to tell people about Anything, and I DID make the MIP mapping issue apparent both as a site update and numerous times on the forums. If people don't pay attention that's their problem.

Archived