Home

Autofire not working on warheads aimed at me

Guest yoyoyojo

Guest yoyoyojo

I am playing the probe droid mission. the mission help suggest flying towards the nav point in the second stage and setting the turrets to autofire to destroy the torpiedos.

for some reason it seems as though i can not get the autofire to work on torpiedos. i have no problem with this on aircrafts, i just target the craft and hit 'F'. But for some reason when i target a tordiedo headed towards me all i get is "Turrets set to defense mode". If I am facing the tordiedos head on it works but otherwise it does not. i do not need to face a craft headon in order for autofire to work. so it seems as though autofire work differently on warheads as it does crafts. what gives? what am i doing wrong?

thanks!

Guest garyah99

Dends which craft you're flying. In the Probe droid mission, I think you're flying the Otana. If set to defensive fire mode, the turreys will shoot at anything that's attacking you. But they can only target one thing at a time, so if there are several torpedos targetting you, naturally some of them are going to get through. The turrets are also not infallible. They are pretty good at hitting ships because they are relatively large, but missiles and torpedos are much smaller and travel much faster, so the turrets are not going to hit every time. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Otana has turrets that swivel 360 degrees but the Sabra turrets have to be facing more or less forward in order to fire.

Archived