Home

Probs with AlliED

Guest Expert Rookie

Guest Expert Rookie

When I start a AlliED mission that i make, the ships on my side jump to hyperspace and I'm left with 150 friggin TIEs!!! Help Me!

Guest emupiett

What exactly do you want to happen in your mission? I can't really help unless you explain what should happen.

------------------

"Intensify forward firepower!!"

Guest Expert Rookie

First of all, I just stunned one of yo' stormtroopers in the RPG room *cough cough*, Second of all, I'm trying to get a classic battle between a huge Imperial fleet vs. a huge Rebel fleet.

------------------

"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick butt."

Guest wookie2k

Well im really not experienced with allied but i but i have used map editor for xvt. Did you set the flight goals. And if you use many ships be shure to stay within limits.

Guest emupiett

First of all, there IS a limit to how many ships you can have in a mission. Second, make sure the orders say to attack target (for your ships) and SPECIFY the targets (global group probably works best).

------------------

"Intensify forward firepower!!"

Guest Cid_MCDP

i had the same problem last summer when i first started working will AlliED. i had three capital ships on the player's team, but they kept bonking out for no apparent.

ended up i hadn't given them goals that made sense. they were supposed to attack a certain group, but that group would arrive until later. apparently, they thought the group wasn't showing up, so they'd just take off about five minutes into the mission. i rectified the problem by giving them a patrol order until the imps arrived.

check out your units that are taking off on you and see what their goals and orders are. then make sure if they're supposed to wait for a certain event, the event actually happens.

Guest Chris_Lightwalker

Making a big battle between the Alliance and Empire is not very easy. One thing for sure, when i create missions, i write down flightgroups etc... onto paper. I spilt them up making them in groups. I add the first group and test it throughly to make sure everything is working exactly as i want. I keep doing this for the others. Anyway, why the ships are entering hyperspace in the worst possible moment is because they have completed their objectives, if you set them objectives that come in line with the player objectives then you would lose the problem. They won't enter hyperspace until the mission is finished.

Archived