Home

Flying in my Naboo Fighter in StarFighter (review)

Guest Cloud

Guest Cloud

This is probably the first real good episode 1 I played! It really fufills the legacy of the X-wing games. Heck it even got good reviews from magazines. Well I'll start with the graphics, the graphics are incredible. The environments are very realistic and so are the starfighters. The atmosphere is awesome, with lasers everywhere. The size of the ships are also done well too. I can't wait till I play the final mission. However the framerate can get choppy during planetary mission. The sound is of course awesome, but what do you expect from a Star Wars game? You will hear tons of laser noise and everytime you throttle up or down you'll get some engine noise. The gameplay is incrediblely fun. It combines both the X-wing and Rogue Squadron engine along with some new elements. Like a targeting system from X-wing. During the game you can use the direction pad to order your wingmen to attack your target, defend you target, report in, or just cover you. Flying is also done quite well with the left analog stick for moving and the right analog stick for rolling. Another thing that I like about this is the sense of speed. You feel like you're flying real fast compare to the X-wing games. Like X-Wing Alliance or TIE Fighter, during the missions you have bonus goals to complete which can earn you medals which unlock additional missions. The thing that's bad is that there are only 14 story based missions. I wish there was more since I finish this game and I only had this game for 2 days. The story is slightly above average. With the story centering on a naboo pilot, mecernary pilot, and a pirate pilot. Each with different ships to fly. Overall I would probably give this game a 8.5 out of 10. Lack of missions and abit of a choppy framerate during planetary missions are what hurt this great game, but other then that. I highly reccomend this for your Playstation 2.

Archived