Home

idea for an addon "The New Jedi Order user expansion"

Guest Paladin1607

Guest Paladin1607

It'd be really cool to go up against the new extragalatic foes of the New Republic don't you think? All you'd need is maybe 3 or 4 Vong ships, (they don't have many ship variations) and a few new New Republic fighters (E-Wing, K-Wing) and you're set. Its pretty cool now that the whole galaxy has united against the Vong. Who'd ever though that the New Republic, Imperial Reminent and Hapan Cluster would unite against a commom foe.

P.S. For anyone who's ever played Freespace or Freespace 2, don't you think the Vong Cruiser seen on the Cover of one of the books looks like a Demon class destroyer? Maybe Interplay should sue for copy right infringment. biggrin.gif

Offhand I'd say you'd need 6 or 7 Vong ships (Coralskipper, Gunship, cruiser, heavier cruiser, even heavier cruiser, worldship...)plus of course the new Republic Capital ships (Viscount Star Defender, Mediator Star Cruiser, Bothan Assault Cruiser) and significantly different X-Wings for the XJ-type they give to Jedi (which may be a twin engine design) and the updated (but inferior to the XJ design) X-Wing they give Rogue Squadron ("Hey, here's a thought - if you're worried about Jedi "vigilantes" then how about NOT giving them more advanced fighters than you give even your elite fighter squadrons?").

You would also need to decide if you would need either of Mara Jades ships and also about the Chiss clawcraft.

The biggest objection though is that Vong ships use totally different flight, weaponry, and protection methods.

They fire plasma which eats through hulls rather than lasers, they create black holes for protection which is all-or-nothing rather than having shields which can weaken,

and this ability is directly related to their speed since both use the same creature (the Doval Basin).

We cannot make a Vong ship, only a normal SW ship that looks like one.

Guest Paladin1607

Exactly, that's all you need to do. I'm not talking about changing the weapons or sheilds systems. Having the Vong ship shoot lasers is fine with me. Just making the new ships and creating some new missions is all you'd need to do. I think there already is an E-Wing model out there somewhere. I was just wondering why fans wern't making more book based missions. The battle of Ithor alone would be awesome.

Guest Expert Rookie

Hint: I don't think an expansion should take place 25 years after the final battle?

------------------

"Good, our first catch of the day."

-Captain of the ISD Tyrant, seen in the Empire Strikes Back

The XJ-model X-Wing may not be restricted to Jedi use (and in fact in Vector Prime they say that the cruiser squadrons are also equipped with this starfighter) BUT it is specifically stated that Rogue Squadron (of all people) use an older model X-Wing AND the only time we have "seen" XJs they have been flown by Jedi (Kyp Durrons, Anakin Solos, and Luke Skywalkers).

Archived