Home

Details, details, details

Popster

Ok, so along with my fellow UK brethren it is still 2 unbearable days until KOTOR II arrives at my doorstep (thank you GAME pre-order). I loved the first one and practically didn't put it down until I had finished thanks to the engrossing story and exciting gameplay options.

Anyway, in the time I have left before the release I really want to know what character I will play. Right now I still can't decide, so I reckon a little more information is needed to help me. What I really need to know is, do any members here know of a guide (or just know themselves) how many feats and force powers you gain per level for each starting class? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Difficult to say.

I cannot remember the precise equation for each class, but I will say this much.

They are the same as the Regular Jedi Classes.

Guardian = Weaponmaster/Marauder

Sentinel = Watchmen/Assassin

Consular = Master/SithLord.

As such, you generally gain 1 feat and 1 forcepower every level as a Weaponmaster.

As a Master, you get 2 force powers every 3 or 4 levels, instead of 1. But only 1 feat every 3 levels or so.

As a Watchmen you get 1 force power every level and 1 feat every couple levels or so.

I wouldn't worry too much about this aspect. You will have enough levels to train all the feats and force powers you want and then some regardless. The thing you need to acknowledge is that each class gains certain additional abilities naturally and through training. Such as the Lightsaber / Force power forms or special feats like the weaponmasters additional dual-wield feats and Damage reducers, or the Watchmens Camoflage ability and I think enhanced defensive abilities.

For more information regarding such things, check out this link To GameBanshee Which I found in Achilles signature.

Thanks for the quick response Drazin! That's the kind of thing I needed to hear. I'll check out the link and see what else I can gather from there.

Just as an afterthought...for anyone who has played as a Consular/Master, is playing the game as this class as difficult as has been made out? Most places I consult suggest it is much harder to play the game as this class due to the lack of combat abilities.

Nah.

I personally haven't played as a Master. But I did play as a Sith Lord. It wasn't difficult, however you will find that using Force Storm will eat up your Mana usage quickly at lower levels. So pump up your Wisdom and Charisma as much as you can in order to counter that effect.

Also, As a Master, you will soon realize that Melee Combat is quite lacking when compared to a weaponmaster for instance. And the use of Hand to Hand combat to complete some quests is utilized, which makes completing such quests extra difficult. But if you are a true Jedi, you will find a way to Prevail.

My personal Favorite class is the Sentinel --> Weaponmaster combo. But thats just me. I wish you luck on your journey, and part with this advice. Pay very close attention to the storyline of everyone you encounter. It will aid you in understanding the true story behind the game itself, and make it more enjoyable.

Archived