Home

default clothing

jimbo32

Has anyone else noticed that although each class has different clothing in the character creation screen, all classes look the same in-game?

I looked around in the appearance.2da file and it looks like the relevant clothing info should be under "modelb" and "texb", but all player-characters have the same entries. More laziness on Obsidians part IMO.

Anyway, I fooled around a bit with these columns and didn't get any noticable results. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wow. Really? Laziness on OE's part? Don't you only wear clothes for about 10 minutes on Telos?:eyeraise:

There used to be a link to a discussion about this in the stickies, but it appears to have been lost in the shuffle during the recent re-org. In the 2da file, isn't there a model variation number? If so you could probably change this to modify the clothing based on class. The appearance.2da file for KotOR might be a good reference if nothing else presents itself.

I hope that helps...and welcome to the forums.

Wow. Really? Laziness on OE's part? Don't you only wear clothes for about 10 minutes on Telos?

OK, so maybe I overstated it a bit.:) , but different clothing was included in KOTOR, and there are three different entries in the "appearance.2da" file for each player-character head (SML=Consular, MED=Sentinel, LRG=Guardian).

I hope that helps...and welcome to the forums.

Thanks, and thanks for the fast reply.

Archived