Home

Old Tie Fighter and X Wing missions for XWA

Kanth Mantrin

Originally posted by JR2000Z:

1. If you want X-Wing and TIE Fighter converted so badly, then YOU get off your fat ass and get in yourself.

2. You may have not noticed, but LEC has joined THQ. All of your pittiful E-mails, petitions, etc. has been a complete waste of your time.

3. LEC will continue their PC/Console planes like it or not. They are creating EP2 games and the 50% adventure games that they are so well known for.

4. Yes, LEC listents to their fans. Not through the whinny e-mails that they get every day, but the forums (like this one) that represent ideas as a whole.

5. Nob, you obviouly haven't been in the company/costomer buisness for quite some time. There are other companies out there that have the same TOU (Terms of Use) as LEC. (IE: Interplay and Tidus)

I haven't huh?

Well, let's bring some points up shall we?

First.

Lucasarts is out of the major publishers to my knowledge which has throughout it's lifetime had NO interaction between fans and developers through the use of forums or message boards.(Interplay(Chris Taylor especially), Infogrames, Activision, Microprose(formerly) have done, or actively do use forums)

Even among the examples you posted, Interplay had operated forums for it's products, in addition they have also allowed the release of the source code of specific games to end-users on a limited bases to continue bug hunting and feature fixing.(With the final release choices being left to the publisher.)

I don't see why you want to insult myself or anyone else involved with the community at large by considering petitions, well written letters and correspondence with members of the development team by e-mail(which believe it or not has gone on in one form or another for years) as "pitiful."

Whiney e-mails? Considering these same e-mails would net a reply for any OTHER publisher's public relations department at the very least, I don't understand what you mean.

And by the way, the proper term for a license agreement is a EULA, which incidently has NOTHING in it that prevents a company from communicating openly with it's fans.

While Lucasfilm has recently taken steps to be more fan friendly, Lucas Licensing has been severely restricting in terms of it's gaming division.

Even Paramount, considered one of the most fundamentalist and strict when it comes to it's franchise(Star Trek) has been incredibly lenient when it comes to allowing fan feed-back, expansions, and editing.

We have NOT been able to communicate directly with the developers regarding our own fan work, because of contractual agreements LEC enforces.

This itself is very rare in the game industrial Today. Most developers know that giving users the silent treatment is a quick road to a death knell.

Indeed Totally Games has created forums for questions for their X-wing series despite the limitations put upon them both by their current schedule and their contract with LEC.

If anything the market is moving towards more open roads between developer and fan, not the opposite.

LEC's newer projects themselves are a sign of it.

What I find odd is their continued silence to their older fanbase, which would normally be just as big a priority to a company as their newer ones.

Guest Darth Massacator

I guess I'm gonna have to follow Obi-Wan's advice to Luke. "Sometimes the truths you cling to depend on a certain point of view." I guess what I'm getting at is there's a lot of "assumed" facts, such as, everyone assuming that Luca$Arts *only* receives whiney emails, etc.

I'm bowing out of this debate because it's not constructive, aside from a few valid points, and it's pointless to debate. Especially when valid points are being ignored.

Guest garyah99

Originally posted by Mindz-i:

There policy is that if you send a suggestion, you forfeit any rights to the suggestion. Arts or Lucasfilm.

No. If you take the time to actually READ the E-Mail policy on the contact page, their policy is to not accept unsolicited suggestions for games, characters, or any other idea a fan might have. Why is that lately all we seem to get around here are ignorant, big mouthed, opiionated idiots?? I hope this clown stays away like he said.

Archived