Home

Multiplayer

Loopster

I saw the news post about JK being on (or off) the Zone, but is there anyway to play JK/MotS multiplayer without installing another program on my computer? I remember jk.net had a page waaay back in 1998 where people would host a game and post the IP address. I assume that's so old fashioned nowadays that no one remembers it, much less participates in it... :o

All you have to do is start a game and give others the IP, which they can manually type into their game and connect to it.

The latest version of Qtracker (when Ron Mercer finally releases it to the public, which shouldn't be too much longer, if he hasn't already as I post this, since I haven't checked in a week or so) creates it's own "master server list" for JK/MotS so we can do it again like we did in the old days, only completely through Qtracker.

Gamespy arcade also supports JK/MotS too btw.

But really, all you need to play JK/MotS with people on the internet is through exchanging IP's (of the server).

Originally posted by Kurgan

But really, all you need to play JK/MotS with people on the internet is through exchanging IP's (of the server).

Is there a website for posting this infor like there once was?

(Nostalgia.....increasing....)

Originally posted by Loopster

Is there a website for posting this infor like there once was?

(Nostalgia.....increasing....)

Unfortunately not. The creator of JediBoard has long since moved on from JK.net and all the other boards created over the years (which were less popular) are dead.

All you really would need is a forum or CGI form board for posting the IP's which you can easily copy and paste (or launch directly into the game if you want to go that route, like Qtracker, the MSN Gaming Zone, or Gamespy arcade do) and a description.

The old Jedi Board had spots for you to list the map(s), mod(s) (if any), score limit, time limit, game type, title of the server, admin nam, max players, and then a small space for describing the server as well. It was a big long list with each one date/time stamped, and I can't recall if there was an "archive" you could go back to, but that was pretty much it. You'd also want some control so you could delete entries for people who just spammed garbage in there.

If someone wanted to create such a board, that would be great.

Archived