Home

Stuck on Battle 5 : Mission 2

Guest Crayon_Assassin007

Guest Crayon_Assassin007

this post may contain possible spoilers for those, like myself, who haven't finished this game...yet - I warned you...

help. I've been stuck on this mission for quite sometime. Its pissing me off.

okay. I think its the mission AFTER your encounter with Luke Skywalker & Dash Rendar.

In this mission, you are sent with the Harrim to disable a couple transports in Ywings. Anyways, the Harrim get hot-headed and turn on you.

If I ignore the Harrim, they destroy the civilians - mission lost. If I try to take them out, one of my tranports get destroyed by ties - mission lost. It looks like an easy mission, but the Harrim are on one side and the Ties are on another. Even when I destroy ALL Harrim Fighters(despite having my Ywings target the Harrim ship types), having the Engines Full Throttle, I STILL can't make it in time to save Transport 1 (I thinks its called Raptor 1).

I'm new to XWA. I practice my dogfighting skills both on thezone and on the sim skirmishes in the game. I wished I played it back in the day. I'm really into the game and my pride won't let me skip this mission or quit. Never had a problem like this one before. Never skipped a mission. Its REALLY pissing me off.

maybe I'm trying too hard, can someone please make this mission easier for me.

------------------

¨³¨²¨¹¨º

hey, thats mine!

<yoink !!>

[This message has been edited by Crayon_Assassin007 (edited May 05, 2000).]

Guest Fondas

Your tactics are correct, order WM's to attack the Hurrim ships and then try to fennd off the ties. The problem is that you're flying a terrible slow ship for such a mission. You're best bet is to keep one of the Hurrim in your shights and as soon as they betray you, start shooting while ordering your WM's to attack the ship type. No matter how hard you try, you must have a certain ammount of luck with your side, or ... be a Jedi pilot yourself wink.gif

------------------

The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7

Guest Crayon_Assassin007

I DID IT !!

Thanks. What I did was as soon as I launched from the Liberty, I threw ALL power into my engines and reached the nav bouy before anyone else did. I reached the convoy 1st and the transports did not arrive until I was finished with the Harrim. <cool>

Before, I had a problem of EVERYTHING happening at once with the Harrim, Ywings AND Transports ALL being there at the same time. I guess this what made the Tie-Adv's and those Pry bomb boats(?) from appearing.

I even got some time to pick-up some Bonus points for inspecting the convoy (125 i believe). A few moments later, a few Ties and Prys appeared on my enemy screen. So, my Ywings and i took care of all of them. I was able to pull this mission off with ease.

Thanks.

------------------

¨³¨²¨¹¨º

hey, thats mine!

<yoink!!>

Guest Fondas

Well Done !

Keep flying hard and shoot straight ! smile.gif

------------------

The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7

Archived