Home

Trouble with a Saber Mod, trying to fix the coding error, help

Simbacca

[edit] i guess its not really a coding error, forgive the bad thread name [/edit]

hello

i have had several Saber mods active in my override for a long time now (mods include T7nowhere's Saber 6-pack and Qui Gon Jin Hilt, Chains.2da's Longsaber Crystal Pack and Segan Wyndh Sabers, my Black Saber Crystals derived from Svosh's Black Sabers, and J'ando's White Lightsabers).

i have merged them all together in working harmony successfully and i have even combined J'ando's and Chains.2da's ideas and created/added a Malak'd length White Saber.

i am running into a problem that i believe J'ando's White Sabers mod is causing. none of the sabers in any of these mods are designed to override the in-game sabers. yet sometimes when i put a blue crystal into a lightsaber, a white blade appears on the workbench saber display and in use.

here are the characteristics of the error:

- when a blue crystal is put in, a white blade is displayed on the workbench screen and in-game

- only happens with blue crystals

- does not always happen, occurances seem random

- does not occur with double bladed sabers or short sabers, only standard lightsabers

[uPDATE] none of these apply anymore, updated test results and question in my 3rd post this thread [/uPDATE]

i have gone through Achilles' Lightsaber guide several times, checking every file in the white saber mod. everything is as should be. i must also say that i have not run into this problem with any saber crystals i have created and i created them using Achilles' Lightsaber guide.

does anyone have any idea what is causing this random glitch? or is anyone willing look at the files i have? any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

oh, one more thing, this is for KotOR 1. thanks

well i did check that but i went and checked again.

there don't seem to be any errors in the upcrystals.2da file and the white saber crystal has its on GUI icon image (it does not share the blue crystal image).

still trying to figure it out...

I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE PATTERN!!!

ok, so the reason it was only happening with the White Saber Crystals and only the Standard Lightsaber is because that was the only modded crystal saber i had equiped.

see the original modder used the blue saber files with making the White Sabers.

when no one has any sabers equiped, and i put a Blue crystal in a saber, it appears Blue.

when no one has any sabers equiped, and have have saber 1 with a White crystal in it, then i go and put a Blue crystal in saber 2, saber 2 appears blue.

when anyone has a White saber equiped, and i put a Blue crystal in the same kind of saber, that saber appears White.

i also tested this with crystals i made using Svosh Black Saber .tga files. this time i played with the Black/Red crystals and the in-game Red crystals that i got the files from. the same results happened in the 3 tests with the new colors.

now that my question is updated, does n e 1 know what causes this "when equip, override others" and how to stop it??

i have the answer to the glitch. actually T7nowhere help me find it.

the glitch is cause by not altering the "001" from the first "w_lghtsbr_001" in the .mdl file to the new saber's ModelVariation number. in my situation with the White Sabers, i had to turn the very first w_lghtsbr_001 to w_lghtsbr_090.

i never checked it because its not mentioned in the Saber Tutorial as of yet.

thanks again T7

Archived