Home

TSL resolution change problems

theBlind

Ever since I re-installed TSL two days ago and am now playing with the 2.1 patch, I have a problem: I can't enter a resolution other than 1600x1200 in either the config utility (never worked there, iirc) nor in the swkotor.ini(?) file. If I change the resolution in there from 1600x1200 to anything else (standart 4:3 resolutions as well as 1280x1024 desktop res) the game crashes after the intro movies. I'm pretty sure the game worked in 1280x1024@100 last time.

Also, if I set the disable movies selectors in that ini to 1, the movies still play, I have to disable them in the config utility for the changes to work. Am I changing the wrong file?

I'm using the same PC as back then only with an Radeon 9800 Pro 256 instead of the 128 MB model last time. The drivers are omega drivers based on cat 5.6 (for compatibility with Warhammer 40k Dawn of War)

The system is overclocked but cool and rock solid. The crashes also occur if I undo the overclocking.

I post this here since it's not a crash bug and I'm not supposed to post non-critical issues in the workbench, as per the sticky there.

Thanks for any answers!

-theBlind

Archived