Home

Hi + a gameplay question...

heiff

Hi, everyone! I bought Grim Fandango around the time of the original release, but my computer was horribly slow - this caused so much gnashing of teeth that I never got very far - I'm certain I never even saw or spoke to Glottis! I think GF may have been the first computer game I ever bought.

Just a few weeks ago, I found my copy of GF in an old box (surprise! I thought it was long gone...), and started doing a little "research" online (grimfandango.net, ninth-world.com), which led me here. I am just blown away that there is still such a large fan base for the game, and also by how highly regarded it is by folks in the industry. I've started playing again, and of course have made a lot more progress than I ever did in the past! I wish there were more games like this one!!

Anyway...on to my troubles. I'm at the scene where Manny and Glottis are underwater in year 3. I can't seem to get past this. I've talked to the little guy with the lantern (Chepito?) as much as I can. I try to take his lantern. He doesn't let me. I checked the walkthrough, which says to pick him up. Ok, great...but every time I try this, Manny just tries to take the lantern (and of course Chepito won't let him). What am I doing wrong?

Welcome heiff. The GF Community over here is very small despite there being a new member every now and then, the regulars are not many.

Playing GF is a great experience, and I can guarantee it will keep getting better.

As for your problem, try to pick the lantern when he is standing by Glottis just pull Chepito over to him, once you both are struggling. Then, walk towards the pearl...

Archived