Home

Year 3: The crane and conveyor belt

mob_vip

I am at the part where I must drop the chain onto the conveyor belt. Apparantly, according to the walkthrough, the chain is supposed to be carried down the belt to the anchor of the ship, so I can raise the chain again and bring the ship up.

However, when I drop the chain onto the conveyor belt, the chain does not move. I assume this is because the conveyor belt is still going the wrong way. However, I cannot get down to the lever to switch the direction of the belt. I can go down when the chain is up, but when I lower the chain and try to run down the conveyor belt to get by thelever, I seem to always get stuck at a certain point where Manny will suddenly look like he's grabbing onto the center of the belt. I cannot go down any further, so my only choice is to go back up where I end up by the base of the crane again.

The walkthrough isn't very helpful at this point. It just says the chain is supposed to go down the belt, but it's obviously is not doing that for me. What am I supposed to do? Is there some other way to get from the crane to the lever?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem i had. It's caused by a too fast computer for Grim Fandango. Go to http://www.cpukiller.com/ and download the programm. Then slow your cpu down (i have a athlon xp 2100+ and for me it worked with a slow down factor of 70%) in order to be able to play the scene without the bug. Aftwerwards just restore your cpu power. hope i could help you

Jonny

Archived