Home

Changing Professions??

Vedauwoo

Ok...I'm a noob, so please don't burn me with flames!

Can you switch professions? I've gone through 21 levels as a smuggler, but it is looking like I should have chosen Bounty Hunter of Commando, as smugglers do not actually do any smuggling, it seems...so, can you switch? Is it a huge PITA? Should I just start a new character instead?

Respec kits are no trade. You have to start all over if you want to change profession. I think you have to talk with a "planet records keeper".

I know that there's one on Dantooine, Mining Outpost, and right outside the cantina in Mos Eisley.

I am not sure about this though.

its one of hte biggest, and really only, major issue I have with the NGE. since the old ADKs turned profession restart kits wont be around forever and will start climbing in price the new folks will be stuck with only two options...deplete their bank accounts or delete their toon...and all its stuff earned (and the prepurchase stuff as there will be more expansions...).

I dont mind a penalty of some sort, but there should be an easy way for a toon to start a new profession...even if its a quest of some sort without having to rely on hitting up someone for an old adk or deletion.

Archived