Home

Oingo Foingo

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Guest Plasmo

The problem with Canada is that almost everything is an American puke-back. (no offense) If it's actually Canadian, you can almost never tell because we don't really have a separate identity media-wise from the US. That and the fact that most of the channels we have are American. Oh well. biggrin.gif

Guest Thrawn

true, so true

When I went to Toronto on vacation last summer, it was like I never left America, except for all the hockey stuff biggrin.gif

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Plasmo

I know, I mean we do have identity in other areas, but not really in the media. All of our Saturday morning cartoons really suck!

Ah hear ya!

All of "Canadian Content" can be summed up into 4 things:

Sports

News

Politics

The Red Green Show

Bloody Space: The Imagination Station, trying to be the Sci-Fi Network. Doesn't even carry MST3K. mad.gif

And don't even get me started on Teletoon's delusions of Cartoon Networkism. frown.gif

On the bright side, Relic Hunter and Andromeda are coming on tonight. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest Plasmo

I personally don't like the Red Green show. Although I think that the Royal Canadian Air Farce is hilarious. I think that This Hour Has 22 Minutes is just trying to be the RCAFarce, and they stink. I don't find them funny at all! biggrin.gif hahaha... not.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

(I know this is late, but...)

In a fight between Flipper and Wally the space dolphin, pay-per-view would win.

Well, Zaarin if it weren't for cable teevee, I would only get five channels, too. wink.gif ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX are the mainstream networks, and PBS is our version of BBC.

My favorite teevee network? WWW! biggrin.gif

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Oingo Foingo time again! Who's awake?

Oh, never mind. It's Sunday morning. The good are sleeping for church, the bad are hungover...and then there's me. wink.gif

If I drop this superball off the Empire State building, what will happen when it hits the ground? biggrin.gif

Ya, and Sceltor, we also have SKY, big fat Mudda satilite channel, broadcasting a 24Hr News channel, a 24Hr entertainment channel, THREE 24Hr Sports channels, TEN free Movie channels (Kinda like HBO, Showtime, Starz! stuff Like that) 3 movie channels that show 50 year old movies, often neglected.

Then The BBC launched a 24 Hr News service, then so did ITV then CNN popped over launching a Europeoan version which nobody watches, although CNN Headline News channel would work over here.

We also have TEN Religious channels eg the GOD channel. 2 million documentry channels (Which is good 'cause there's always a good WWII documentry on biggrin.gif)

we have 20 Music video channels.

So we are in no ways short of channels biggrin.gif

------------------

Self proclaimed Forum 90's Dude

milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

'Now, if I could just say a few words, I'd be a better public speaker.

Archived