Home

Saber Mod. (K2)

Rain128

i have been thinking about this for a while now, and im not really sure how to do it my self..

it would be like the <your name> crystal except it would be a color crystal

it would start of as the same as a silver crystal but as you progress down the light or dark side of the force it would tune to your alignment...

i know its 50 points eather way, so at 20% (10 points) dark side you would talk to Kreia and she would say (same thing as <your name> crystal) take your old one and give you a mixed ( eather slightly more red or black color crystal) as it is tuned to you....

same with the light side ( so it would be sightly blue or white)

as for addded bonuses from the crystal i was thinking it could just give you better saves to your force powers...

now i rember hearing somewhere that you cant make a black saber... so im trying to think of something else to stave off of the red...

This Mod is entirely doable. However there are quite a few crystals that are actually the "Yourname" crystal. whenever you talk to Kreia, it switches them out. So you'd have to do the same thing. As for color, yes, also doable. And as for the Black, well some people don't understand that an energy field can absorb light as well as emit it. So think that Black sabers are silly and 'impossible', but making a saber black is entirely possible as far as I know. (In the engine.)

Yeah. I downloaded a mod that gives you a black saber, but I dont think it uses a crystal. It uses a .tga file and .txi . All you have to do to make it black is to change the .tga in Photoshop, and then every saber that uses that file will have that color. Every saber that uses it will have it, and I'm not sure how to make a new .txi file. Help would be appreciated. :)

This thread has how to build a lightsaber And This talks about recoloring saber blades

Basically to make this mod you'd have to do the following:

--Make a number of new saber crystals. However many you want for the mod.

--Add your crystals to ucrystals.2da This makes the saber upgradeable, you can take out the crystal in game, etc.

--Now the fun part... make .uti files of each lightsaber. A short, single, and double for each crystal. So if you want 10 levels of transition, you have to make 30 (?!) Utis. In addition to having all of the inherent upgrades (If Bondar Crystal is in, do this, etc.) You add a bunch of Bonus properties to each lightsaber based on the properties of the crystal in the saber. You then put these as having no requirement to get. What this does is if you have the lightsaber you have the bonuses it grants.

(One of the most confusing things for me when I started was this. When you change the color crystal in a lightsaber, it doesn't change the color of your saber, you get an ENTIRELY new saber of that color and it takes away the old one.)

--Now make the blade colors of each blade. And save them as TGAs.

EDIT: --Forgot, now create a text file using windows. Copy the txi information from a saber in the game into it and save it, then manually change the file extension from .txt to .txi

--Now make MDL and MDX files for each blade by stealing and hex editing an existing blade. In addition to what Achilles says on changing the four references in the mdl, change the first two references to the name of the saber to yours (at least.) At least I'm not sure he says to do that...

--Pause, BREATH (actually, I hope you have been up to this point, that took a while.)

--Now you have to go in and modify Kreia.

--Open up and modify her .dlg making a new dialogue path with conditionals on that you must have found a new saber blade crystal. Have this dialogue path execute a script.

--Write a new script *cringe* that checks to see if you have a lightsaber with this crystal in it. (Or be lazy and make you take it out of the saber.) And if you do have it, check against your alignment. Then take away the current crystal and give you the same crystal different. (The +40 lightside instead of +20 lightside crystals that we made at the start of the game for example.)

--Futz around with sound editing, trying to use existing Kreia voice files to make her actually say what you have her saying in your new dlg path. Realize after six hours of futzing that you can't and give up.

Now, collect your thoughts and...

--Compile the whole thing and make it use TSL Patcher. Cause you're modifying .2da files and you're not going to be inconsiderate enough to make your mod incompatible with stuff like USM.

Finally RELEASE!

...And you're done. :)

Way too much work for me, and that might be the hard way to do it. For examples of color crystals giving you ability bonuses, check out my Exile Item Pack mod. And feel sorry for me. I'm trying to do something similar to this for a new mod. It'll give Handmaiden a "Kinetic Lightsaber". Basically it looks like a lightsaber, but does physical damage (Bao-Dur helped her build a 'force-field' saber) and she gets to use all of her crazy unarmed combat feats with it.

Now that darn thing is so complex I wanna cry.

Archived