Home

Rebellion: Ships Wanted

Master Leffe

I figure that the Rebellion needs at least one other ship to balance this game. The Empire has two ships with handy abilities: The TIE Scout allows them to spy on the Rebels at will, and in Galactic Conquest, the Interdictor can be handy for preventing escpae (Though it is a kind of weak ship, I'll admit).

The Venator is the only ship in the game besides Y-Wings and capital ships that is able to fire ion blasts, so why not give it to the Rebels? I ran into a problem though: I can't get the ship to appear in the build bar of the Rebel Station in tech 3 like i want it to. Can someone tell me how to add it in? I checked the method described in the "Venator Enabled" thread, but it didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick guide:

- assign a build cost

- make sure the unit is not locked (build_initially_locked or something like that)

- or if it is locked make sure it can be unlocked by slicer

- check the tech_level and the required_star_base_level

- make sure you edit the jedi_cruiser_R not the regular jedi_cruiser or the changes will be available for the empire too

Sample:

<Affiliation>Rebel</Affiliation>
<Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked>
<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>Yes</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
<Slice_Cost_Credits>2000</Slice_Cost_Credits>
<Tech_Level>2</Tech_Level>
<Required_Timeline>0</Required_Timeline>
<Required_Ground_Base_Level>0</Required_Ground_Base_Level>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>4</Required_Star_Base_Level>
<Required_Special_Structures />
<Required_Planets />
<Build_Cost_Credits>3300</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Time_Seconds>25</Build_Time_Seconds>

I got it into the singleplayer GC game by placing it in the spaceunitsfrigates.xml (sp?) file. I can send you the entry if you want.

I basically cloned the Nebulon-B entry in the file and called the ship Jedi_Cruiser_R (also have a Jedi_Cruiser_E variant as well) and used the Venator model.

Basically the only thing that needs to be done with the XML entry is to set appropriate values for attack/cost/scale/etc. Hardpoints, armour, animation values and death clone are all done.

I have successfully tested this in single player campaigns...the cruisers died quickly though because it was a mix between Venator and Neb-B attributes and I haven't finished the job yet :p

Archived