Home

hey here is how to mod for the full game of empire at war not the demo

wannabeapilot

first make sure you copy and paste Config.meg into a backup folder before any of this it can be found here program files/lucasarts/star wars empire at war/game data/data

http://www.technical-difficulties.com/hacks/eaw/ scroll down and download Updated 1.1 megExtractor.exe and megInserter.exe, used to edit MEG files

go to where ever you saved the file to and open it up and extract it copy the two files and paste them into a new folder I.E. i used EAW files then go to program files/lucasarts/star wars empire at war/game data/data and copy Config.meg then take and paste it to where ever you extracted the files to then double click on megExtractor and type in Config then hit any key to continue after it is done there should be a new file in you folder called Config open it and hit ctrl+f and click all files and folders then type in FACTIONS.XML and hit enter right click the file it finds and click open with notepad then hit ctrl+f again and type in <Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap>25</Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap>

then change 25 to what ever you want the space cap to be after that type in <Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap>20</Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap> for the imperials space cap and change it to whatever you want it to be but always make sure it is 5 less than the rebllions pop cap next click on file in the upper left hand corner and click save then close the notepad after that go back to your EAW files and delete the Config.meg make sure it is the origanal Config.meg that you copied from your empire at war directory not the one you extracted wth the megExtractor then double click on meg inserter and type in Config after it is done you should have another Config.meg right click this and hit copy then go to program files/lucasarts/star wars empire at war/game data/data and hit ctrl+v and if it ask you to overite an existing file click yes then start up empire at war and you should have a new pop cap

i think you should all be able to figure out to modify other stuff now so good luck

Archived