Home

Stargate....

Nakatomi2010

I'm sure this has been said before, and I'm also sure someone is probably working on it... But since I can't seem to find a link or something through search I'm gonna make a post on it...

There should be a Stargate mod based on the SG-1 series... I say SG-1 because it's had time enough to develop to allow for a more dynamic set of units, where as the Atlantis "universe" has not...

In my opinion it'd be the perfect sort of thing for this type of game... I mean the heros are all quite clear, and there'd be a fantastic single player story telling ability....

Space units would probably be a little minimal at first, but I figure that's fine since it'd keep it simple....

But I mean, imagine having Stargates be a viable method of travel... You could move infantry from planet to planet via a "Stagate" slot which which allow infantry to move from one planet to another instantly, and you could have a gate on each planet acting as a "reinforcement" point, holding it means you can call in more troops, as long as they're small enough... Rather than having ships land it'd be the ol' "FWOOSH" thing, then infantry coming through... And the gate would be the ONLY reinforcement point when gating in, but if a ship is in orbit with infantry on it you could beam, or ring them into other points...

What I'm saying is that the ground work is here, someone just needs to do the modeling, advanced research to figure out what works best, why and where things should go.... I think the potential for a single player story arc would be better than if this thing were just a "Conversion" mod... A story should honestly be told since I think it's got a pretty good one in it somewhere...

Archived