Home

Showing the Stormtrooper the door

tennozan

It is definetly this entery but you cant just delate it like that.

<GroundInfantry Name="Dialogue_Stormtrooper">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Stormtrooper</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Behavior>HINT</Behavior>

<Create_Team>No</Create_Team>

</GroundInfantry>

There's another (easier?) way.

The stormtrooper and its dialogue are just a single .BIK file and several .MP3 files. Same goes for his Rebel counterpart.

Since the game first looks for these files on the disk before looking in the .MEG files (this search order is used for all game files), it's a simple matter of creating those files on disk, but without content. It was just a matter of figuring out which files it were (about 15 minutes work).

So, I did this and I made a nice little ZIP for y'all.

So, just download this: http://alpha1.dyns.net/eaw/downloads/shutup.zip, unzip in the GameData\Data directory and they should both be gone. From land and space combat.

If one of them still shows up somewhere though, let me know and say what he said so I can look up the appropriate file and add it to the ZIP.

Just decipered this message:

From Lord Darth Vader to Fleet Commander: I have the Stormtrooper with me - I have promised him a very close view of our Rancor feeding at the pits on Nal Hutta. Very close indeed. He will no longer trouble you and your efforts to focus our attacks on eliminating the rebel traitors.

:vadar:

Thanks again - Mike.nl!

I'm afraid I don't understand.

Do you want that line removed as well? It seems like an occasional line; that wouldn't be an annoyance, would it?

And also: I can't find that line. When exactly did you hear it?

So: could you be a bit more specific? :)

Archived