Home

Hardware trouble

Guest Luke Skywalker

Guest Luke Skywalker

I need help on this: When I acces files with long names to my CD-ROM it en with a ~ and a number so it can´t read long names anymore, anyone can help me?, I try to install a controler but the problem is that I don´t know what is the IRQ of the CD-ROM now, you know any utility that check the IRQ of the hard, if that is the problem of course.

------------------

"We did it!!!"

>May the force be with you<

Luke Skywalker, 38th Kokou Sentai

Guest Rogue 9

Delete it out of the System Properties and Restart, make sure you have the Cab files copied to the HD first.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

cant see why your complaining ive had to put up with that most of my life, doesnt really effect much aslong as you can still play games should you really care?

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

Your more of a newbian than me, now thats saying something!

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Guest Luke Skywalker

That´s the problem Rogue 9, it is not here, I had to load a driver in DOS mode (by config.sys and autoexec.bat) in order that windows recognize that are a CD-ROM drive here frown.gif.

------------------

"We did it!!!"

Guest Rogue 9

Try Restart into Safe Mode and then going into The system properties, it should then list all hardware that has been installed in the system instead of just "active" hardware. delete the CD-Rom drive and restart into normal mode if it works properly it will reinstall the CD-Rom and everyone is happy...

Guest Luke Skywalker

If I remove the lines in config.sys and in autoexec.bat when windows load the CD is missing!.

I have Windows 95

Try Restart into Safe Mode and then going into The system properties, it should then list all hardware that has been installed in the system instead of just "active" hardware. delete the CD-Rom drive and restart into normal mode if it works properly it will reinstall the CD-Rom and everyone is happy...

First no controler here, because when I add it and then restart the computer, when I go here again it apear with a yellow "!" and if I check propierty it apear "device missing, don´t respond or not all the controler are installed"

I think that I need an utility who check all hardware entries and IRQ in DOS mode, so when I install a controler I can manually modific the "phantom" CD drive parameters.

------------------

"We did it!!!"

Guest Jabba The Hunt

as i said, why do you care so much, if you can still play xwa

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

Your more of a newbian than me, now thats saying something!

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived