Home

WWIIOL or SW Galaxies

Has anyone played Steel Beasts? It's a tank strategy/sim by the same company as WWIIOL. My Abrams brigade just fended off a motor rifle regiment, destroying 128 T-80s and assorted BMPs at the cost of 7 of my tanks. All that despite the fact that all them Ruskies threw up a lot of dust, so the ballistic computers kept thinking I was trying to hit something going the OPPOSITE direction from what the real target was, and the average kill range was 4-5 klicks which made HEAT rounds go all squirley and sabot rounds ran out of gas and just bounced off 'em.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

[This message has been edited by Taarkin (edited June 14, 2001).]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Luke Skywalker

No, but I play Panzer Commander, and it was more fun when I found how use the non-player vehicles as movile AT guns and transports.

------------------

"We did it!!!"

>May the force be with you<

Luke Skywalker, 38th Kokou Sentai

Nute!!! I bought it!

------------------

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

MY CURRENT STATS (as a Mark IV A13 driver/gunner/commander)(not many people are multicrewing yet and that makes it easy for people that are pretty good at being solo in a tank):

48 assorted Panzers

7 aircraft (one killed on the ground, the rest in flight)

9 infantrymen

2 Blitzes

1 half-track

I'm a Panzer III killing machine!

------------------

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Archived