Home

adding columns to current .2da files

knight3000

I have been trying to edit a few .2da files but i cannot add new columns. I export to Xml and edit in Excel but when i try to save as .2da using Excel 2DA Add-In by tk102 i continue to get a runtime error '53'File not Found: TLBINF32.

Can anyone help??? Can you even add columns to .2da files?

I have been trying to edit a few .2da files but i cannot add new columns. I export to Xml and edit in Excel but when i try to save as .2da using Excel 2DA Add-In by tk102 i continue to get a runtime error '53'File not Found: TLBINF32.

Can anyone help??? Can you even add columns to .2da files?

You can add columns to 2DA files, though in most 2DAs the new columns won't be used by the game since the engine uses hardcoded access to particular columns, either by label or by index.

(Adding new columns can be useful when adding new classes though, since some of those 2DA files involved do support new columns, since you reference the new column labels in classes.2da.)

If you do add columns, always add them at the end/to the right in the 2DA file. Never insert a column between existing columns, or some files may no longer work as intended.

KotorTool's 2DA editor is currently unable to add columns to 2DA files. As far as I understand it the Excel macros should be able to do it though (though the Macros don't work in my spreadsheet). Why not import the 2DA file directly i Excel via the macro rather than go via XML?

If you can't get the more elegant macros to work you could try to do it the primitive way. The "2DA Converter/Merger" tool linked to in my signature will allow you to convert a 2DA file to tab-separated text, which you can then import into any spreadsheet and do your edits. When done, re-export the file as tab-separated text and the utility can convert it back to 2DA format.

Archived