Home

Create New Units

chubbslegend

Maybe, but for a real quick suggestion, you ccan't make new skins because the toolc for that aren't out yet, but to make new units with previous skins all you have to do is mix and match the stats in the xmls, the only thing I would say is when you are doing it do not try to give a weapon to something that does not have the bones for it, like (for a drastic example) do not try to give a storm trooper a light saber, but you can give all units any ability, as long as you keep space and land seperate.just go into the ground infantry, or ground vehicle xml change that around, and don't for get to add the changes to the companies rebel or companies empire xml

Although you cant really creat a new unit because there's noo tools for new skins and new models, you can mix and match most of the things.

I succesfully added an imperial guard squad for the empire and gave Slave missles that explode like sesmic charge(and do AoE damage) but I have never modded any games before and know nothing about programming. It's easy to learn when there are so many examples available.

Skirmish is a completely different and from what I can tell more complicated part to mod. You will need to first make the unit in the Groundcompaniesempire.xml (or whatever it is) then you will need to add it into the buildings for build tactical skirmish for it to be used. I'm not sure if it's the normal buildings or groundbuildablesskirmish.xml. I've never modded skirmish, the only time I looked at the files was for getting a ship to build satellites while in game.

Archived