Home

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Flying Beastie

Went to see it last night.

Below-average movie, and most of the humour was as juvenile as it gets. If you've seen American Pie (I haven't), you'll probably like this one.

The only really funny parts are near the end when the duo gets to Hollywood, and the movie turns into a parody of moviemaking in general (I especially liked the Matt Damon & Ben Affleck self-parody). There are a few half-decent visual puns (whenever someone mentions a "bad movie," everyone stops and looks at the camera), and a few casting in-jokes that most viewers won't get (Sarah Michelle Gellar ["Buffy the Vampire Slayer"] will be playing Daphne in the upcoming Scooby-Doo movie [ rolleyes.gif ], and there's a Scooby parody with Marc Blucas --most famous as Buffy's boyfriend, Riley).

The end of the movie did, however, provide my new sig.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Actually, I thought it was a teriffic film, once I looked past the crudity of the humor. I swear I've worked with those guys at some time...

I liked how they dealt with the internet. biggrin.gif 'Jay & Silent Bob are gay! I would tie up their mothers and force them to watch the movie with me, and I would--'

Is that the doorbell?

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Exactly...it was very tongue-in-cheek.

Myself, I can't wait for 'bong sabers' to show up at the local headshop. wink.gif

Archived