Home

Anyone Remember Archimedean Dynasty? Check out Aquanox!

Gugeyewalker

The link below, to the Aquanox site, I am REALLY looking forward to this.

http://www.aquanox.de/aquanox/e/index.php4?BG=0

If anyone remembers Archimedean Dynasty released in 97, then you will know that this is and how good this will be.

In the media, Archimedan Dynasty did not get a lot of hype, but it still sold some 250,000 copies, and I believe it is just about the best sim I have played, right up there with X-Wing Alliance and Independance War, and I STILL really enjoy playing it.

That game was what helped me realise what I wanted to do in life; its a little complicated.

I picked up the game right before I took a job, fresh out of tech school, working with ROV's, which are remote operated robotic submarines. I got in through connections with my cousin-in-law. So I when I took the job it was interesting, though I didn't have a very personable supervisor, and some politics were involved, the company was young, I was expected to drink and party to be with the in-crowd, which also did not live in my city, so eventually I was laid off due to some politics. Anyway, while I was working I was comparing the flight dynamics and physics of the ROV in the water to the flight dynamics of Archimedean Dynasty, and realized that the ROV handled the same way as the subs in the game. I got to thinking about how it would be useful to make an ROV simulator to train new ROV pilots, my supervisor shook his head and did not see a point, but I certainly did, it would not be too difficult to make the software.

So after I got laid off, of course I was peeved and distraught, but that was when I realised that I am to make or design comp games. And I am well on my way to breaking into the industry.

Archived