Home

Jumpy sound in EMI cutscenes

Hi all !

By advance I apologize for this is a quasi-clone of a message i already posted in other forums, which didn't find any answer...

I have a minor but irritating problem with Monkey 4 cutscenes: the sound is broken, it jumps every 2 seconds making these unwatchable. I'm using Windows XP Service pack 2, i have installed the official patch for the game which didn't help. I tried to deactivate the CPU hyperthread thing (just like i did for Grim Fandango) but that didn't help either. I tried all the compatibity modes, the new EMI launcher... nothing changed. I heard that there might be a problem reading the Bink videos with systems such as mine... My soundcard is a VIA AC'97 audio, and i'm using a Fujitsu laptop AMILO D 7830 with a Pentium IV 3.06 processor. Any suggestions ?

Sorry, i cannot help.

What i will add though is that one time i ran it is was all fookered up in the cutscenes like you described. I forget whether it was okay when i tried it the next day, or whether i left it for months untill the next time i played it. Either way, it fixed itself for me - dunno if it's the same problem with you though.

Archived