Home

model bones and hard points

Rust_Lord

I am wondering if anyone has fiddled with these before and knows how they work, and if you have any information regarding what ships have which bones to attach hardpoints on.

Basically I am trying to add more weapons to a ship (VSD) but it doesnt 'seem' to have the same attachment points for hardpoints that an ISD does.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to tweak this and if anyone has any info on what spaces for hard points each ship has?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

If you take the ALO model and look at it in the ALO viewer you can see the bones and their names. This allows you to setup you hardpoints correctly in the hardpoints file. You cannot add more hardpoint than bones on the model as far as I know.

However, you can always change the armament. I modded proton torps. on some of the Imperial ships to balance out the Rebel Cruisers I added and hangers on the Rebel ships to spwan fighters and bombers. I also added torps and missiles to the starfighters in the original game plus the mods like the TIE Defender and E-Wing etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks champ. You know where I can get an ALO viewer? This could come inr eal handy even though I ended up getting around this problem. I have been pretty quiet for a while working on my mod since Popcorn directed me to where I could get a DAT editor. I was able to change the armament of the VSD so it now has 4 concussion missile launchers (they are supposed to have 80 tubes according to WEG) however three of these cannot be destroyed. They are attached to the same hardpoint as existing hardpoints (the turbolasers and shield generator) but they work fine. Defender mod hey? Do it yourself?

Thanks champ. You know where I can get an ALO viewer? This could come inr eal handy even though I ended up getting around this problem. I have been pretty quiet for a while working on my mod since Popcorn directed me to where I could get a DAT editor. I was able to change the armament of the VSD so it now has 4 concussion missile launchers (they are supposed to have 80 tubes according to WEG) however three of these cannot be destroyed. They are attached to the same hardpoint as existing hardpoints (the turbolasers and shield generator) but they work fine. Defender mod hey? Do it yourself?

Go to filefront bro, they have everything EAW. :)

Archived