Home

need some help with model(just some doubts)

Yadiel

ok ok, hope someone can help me here.

Well first i'll tell u what im trying to do; I´m doing a space hero unit, I already have the model, skins, the meshgloss.fx and the BlobStencilMasked.fx (im still looking for the falcon engine effect, cause im going to use it).

Ok now my doubt is how many models do I have to do???

I've been looking in the meg files, and found this(my unit is going to be something like the falcon thats why i took those as an example):

rv_mfalcon.alo

rv_mfalcon_backwards_d.alo

rv_mfalcon_backwards.alo

rv_mfalcon_d.alo

rv_mfalcon_land.alo

I don't really understand what are all those models, are those only different camera views,front and back, destroyed front and destroyed back??

What about animations, I only found the ala for landing, what about the turns and rest of the movements?

Last question, I read somewhere that i should save my model's skin in a dds format, is that right???? i've always used .tga extention (if i have to use the .dds then how do i make 3dsm read them =( i't totally lost here)

I'm a real noob with this, hope someone could help me.

thx in advance.

1st of all

the falcon engine effect is an alamo proxy object.. Dont remember which name it is.. its problably PE_FALCONENGINES

How many models..

only 1 model

the other ones are problably for missions when the falcon is on the ground at all times..

Animations..

Only landing

all other motions in space are done via its speed and space locomotor behavior

model skin can be either DDS or TGA

I would recommend DDS .. get ALL the DDS tools from nvidia's site.. and 3ds reads it as well.. they have all the plug ins necicary

Edit

I gotta recheck the engines later but im guessing its an array of a few enines rather than one long one..

I tried with the PE_Lambdashutle, linked it to a bone and everything, but i see nothing =(

well my mayor problem now is that when i drag the material with the mesh_gloss over my model and export it to alo format, and then open it with the aloviewer .03 there's my model but without skin =(

im useing the .fxo (i have the 3dsm 8) insted the .fx or .fxh.

Any idea on why i can't see my model's skin??

this is what im doing (resolution is horrible, sowy did this at 3 am =()

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3075/whatsmissing8qb.gif

im useing the .fxo instead the .fx or .fxh, may be this is my problem, but i have no idea how to use the .fxo with the .fx, tryied just changeint the include in the .fx but then my 3d studio crashed =(. useing version 8

this is what i have as a final result =(

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/772/viewer8ya.gif

help pls =(

and any ideas on how to do the MFalcon engines??

i followed this tutorials http://www.swgbex.com

Archived