Home

My MI5 Wish List

Vai-Man

1. Make it as big with as many puzzels of a similar difficulty to MI2, It was nearly SPOT ON for length. Not so short that you have no sense of acheivement at the end (MI3 + 4) but not so long and/or hard that you never finish it (a la Beneath A Steel Sky). Perhaps slightly longer.

2. I think MI4 relied whole mini-game thing too much e.g monkey combat, diving. The diving was NOT difficult AT ALL so you may as well leave it out. The whole game seemed to revolve around monkey combat and this kind of gameplay is NOT WHAT AN ADVENTURE GAME IS ABOUT. MI3 has the balance about right with the insult sword fighting.

3. More sub-plots, or things you have to do before going onto the end bit.

4. Bring back the mouse control MI3 Interface worked for me!!

5. Try and keep the humour within the game. Don't keep refering to other MI's (I got the gags 100's didn't)

6. Refine the graphics just a touch. The backgrounds/water/sky in MI4 are fantastic, but the charachters are a bit blocky in places and some Pixelation when things are in the distance. Maby some cleaver scaleing technology (a la Sacrifice) could be used to

reduce this.

7. Keep it non-linear, I want to be able to travell back and forth between islands AT WILL (MI2).

That's It for now!! I might post some more soon.

Originally posted by Vai-Man:

1. Make it as big with as many puzzels of a similar difficulty to MI2, It was nearly SPOT ON for length. Not so short that you have no sense of acheivement at the end (MI3 + 4) but not so long and/or hard that you never finish it (a la Beneath A Steel Sky). Perhaps slightly longer.

2. I think MI4 relied whole mini-game thing too much e.g monkey combat, diving. The diving was NOT difficult AT ALL so you may as well leave it out. The whole game seemed to revolve around monkey combat and this kind of gameplay is NOT WHAT AN ADVENTURE GAME IS ABOUT. MI3 has the balance about right with the insult sword fighting.

3. More sub-plots, or things you have to do before going onto the end bit.

4. Bring back the mouse control MI3 Interface worked for me!!

5. Try and keep the humour within the game. Don't keep refering to other MI's (I got the gags 100's didn't)

6. Refine the graphics just a touch. The backgrounds/water/sky in MI4 are fantastic, but the charachters are a bit blocky in places and some Pixelation when things are in the distance. Maby some cleaver scaleing technology (a la Sacrifice) could be used to

reduce this.

7. Keep it non-linear, I want to be able to travell back and forth between islands AT WILL (MI2).

That's It for now!! I might post some more soon.

1. I dont think ANY MI game has given me any REAL sense of completion, but thats the spirit of MI smile.gif (anyone else still like the 'never spend more than $20 on a computer game' joke)

2. The diving was funny, but i hated the keyboard system... the same goes for MK...

Seems like its standard in LEC adventures now... (been there since FT)

3. MI games have never had much in the way of sub-plots...

4. GRIME doesn't support mice

5. Well when u visit islands that were in previous games, those gags are bound to resurface... in MI2, you get the fettucini jokes

6. Its just cos the resolution was limited... if it was 800x600 or 1024x768, it would be so bad

7. Depends on the amount of media LEC are willing to alot the developers... If only 2 CD's, were looking at 3-4 islands max (especially if they continue to use TGA files for the backgrounds

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

Archived