Home

StringEditor v1.0 released (for .DAT files)

Mike.nl

As some have 'complained' that the existing DAT Editor is a bit too simple, I've created my own version.

StringEditor v1.0 is done, beta-tested (thanks to Fynbos from Ultimate Empire at War) and released.

Get it here: http://alpha1.dyndns.info/eaw/

Some features:

• Multiple languages (maintain one master file with all languages)
  • Versioning (trace back what you did from the beginning)
  • Set operations (Union, Intersection, Difference)
  • Copy & Paste into and from Excel (and others that follow the same scheme)
  • Support for the CreditsText files

Oh, and I called it StringEditor to distinguish it from the current DATEditor. Can't have people being confused, now can we?

As usual, post problems and/or questions here, or mail me at my brand new Gmail account (see the site) for anything personal: declarations of love, threats to my life, breast enlargement treatments, or, much, much more likely, wondering how the @$!$ the command line version works :)

Curse this new Visual Studio. Probably uses some weird new library that almost nobody has.

Just for reference, it workes for the beta tester, it works on my development machine (duh), and it even works on my server, which has no development tools whatsoever installed. And yet it doesn't work here at my work or for you.

Curse this new Visual Studio.

Sigh. Sorry about this, I'll look into it when I get home.

For anyone else downloading it: if it works, good. If not, no need to post here as well.

I guess nothing from me ever works right the first release :(

Okay,

I've looked around the Internet a bit and think I've found a solution.

Simply download the StringEditor again.

It's a bit bigger now because the C++ runtime is embedded in it, which should get rid of the dependency that caused that error.

So ZagFel, or anyone else who previously had that error, please tell me if this fixed it :)

Archived