Home

Question about single player modeling

ultima42570

I actually posted this thread in JA modeling forums, but I don't know if it was the right place, so hopefully this is. :laughing:

I have a question about taking a playermodel, & putting it into Single Player.

I am using A program called Pakscape I got from Jedi Knight 2 files, it allows me to open Pk3 files in the assets1 in base folder, & the actually player model

(for example hs_anakin). What I am doing to add it is I am putting the player model folder(exampe model/players/hs_anakin) in the model/players folder in the assets1 where all the other models are kept, such as kyle & tavion player models, I am putting this files in on it own, I am not overidding a model such as kyle & replacing it with the playermodel that I am trying to put into single player. Anyway, I save the data & startup the game A put in playermodel & my models nam(ex. hs_anakin). My issue is that when I put in the name for the player model it will load the "default" player model as my character. However say I want to load a version with a cloak or sith eyes(example hs_anakin/hooded), it will not load, console will say not found. I have checked the model/player folders & the path I put in to get those versions of the player model are correct. I just need to know if I am missing something or if it's even possible. Sorry If I am not making much sense, I know next to nothing about computers, or even more so modding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need an .NPC file your model, after that you use the playermodel command to load the NPC file. For example, if in the NPC file you call your model anakin, you would type "playermodel anakin"

Theres an NPC creater on PCGAMEMODS, or you can make your own in NOTEPAD. Load up your assets PK3 files and look for NPC files, load one up and see how they made it, copy and paste, edit as needed, and you should be good to go.

Archived