Home

This is embarrassing, I need help with Mandalore Piracy Mission

twin88mm

Okay, I admit I am quite bad at this. I have the game settings to HARD and I cannot seem to get past the early mission of piracy on Mandalore. I sent a Defiler to the planet to kick off the mission and I started with 6 fighters and 8 bombers and one Interceptor frigate.

I send my fighters and bombers to blast the base and kill the hangar and laser cannons as my priority. When fighters appear I send my fighters using buzz droid to kill them. After a while the Mandalorian battleship jumps into the system. I then divert my bombers to attack it.

At that time I have probably only 4 bomber squads left and 4 fighter squads. I start attacking the mass drivers followed by the turbo lasers on the battleship. However the turbo lasers will just take out all the bombers and fighters. The furthest I got was damaging half the ship.

In the original EAW only the laser cannons have a material effect on the fighters and bombers, thus making the bombers deadly to capital ships. However I found that the turbo lasers on this mission just wiped out my bombers and fighters.

I tried another tactic of luring the mandalorian capital ship into the asteroid belt but it just stops at the edge of the belt and does not take damage.

Am I missing something? Can someone help me with this mission? Any walkthrough guides?

Thanks.

Huh? I thought I was supposed to destroy the Keldabe battleship? I thought the mission was to damage the space station bad enough that the Keldabe battleship will jump into the fight and then to destroy it?

Are you sure I only needed to kill the fighters?

I checked the mission log again and it states that to win I need to attack the space station so that the Mandalorian Clan Leader will jump into the system, and then to defeat the Mandalorian Clan leader which is actually a Keldabe battleship.

You mean if I destroy the fighters then I can win the mission without destroying the Keldabe battleship? Please clarify.

i thought ur talkin bout the campaign mandalore mission.. we all saw in the tutorial haha... duh.. but when i try to remember details bout that mission in GC.. i think i never attacked a station there.. i jumped in and the kedalbe ship was already there... maybe i should try it once again on hard myself next days. dunno. weird.

I am talking about the campaign mission, not GC nor the tutorial. This is during the campaign after rescuing Tyber and after Urai finished the intimidation mission on Honoghr. The campaign script had Tyber initiating a piracy mission against Mandalore.

I tried finishing off the base before attacking the Keldabe battleship. I am still wiped. I think when you play on HARD mode, the Turbo lasers are more accurate and are as effective as the Laser Cannons in shooting down fighters and bombers. I lost on average an entire group of 3 fighters on every pass to attack the ship.

When you switch to MED mode, the turbo lasers are much less effective on fighters and bombers. This is more realistic IMHO.

Anyway, if anyone found a way to defeat capital ships using fighters/bombers on HARD mode, I be glad to learn.

Archived