Home

Sw Q&a

Silenthunter

Guest Admiral Odin

fine I got a tough one for you.

Can a lightsaber actually exist? (I know the answer but I want to see if you do)

Guest Boba Rhett

The only thing that we couldn't pull off is getting the light to bend at any given distance we want it to bend at. "Getting it to stop at around 3 feet" I guess..... :confused:

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The only thing that we couldn't pull off is getting the light to bend at any given distance we want it to bend at. "Getting it to stop at around 3 feet" I guess..... :confused:

A simple solution to that is to make a beam that dissapates at a meter.

Or, you could have a magnetic field that was strong enough to contain electrons and protons themselves. You could fire the negatively charged ions thorough the magnetic field an if you did it right, they wouldn't be able to penetrate the magnetic field since it is of the same charge. Only when the field is broken do the dangerous ions break the barriers and contact a substance with obvious results.

Guest Luke Skywalker

But then theres the question, exactlly how strong does it need to be? That would cause the increase or decrease of concentrated light which woud screw up all the equasions.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

But then theres the question, exactlly how strong does it need to be? That would cause the increase or decrease of concentrated light which woud screw up all the equasions.

It wouldn't be light, it would be energy, or ions. The ones in the movies are pure energy. I can't think of how to make one of those work.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Errr, this is complex. Some one email a scientist. Go to one of those scientist forums they'll try to give us an answer!:)

Archived