Home

TSL static crystal/robe/etc drops?

Wojiz

TSL's crystal and robe selection is great. Too bad you can go through the whole game without finding any. I hate the random loot system of TSL as you can go through half the game wearing a padawan robe, since the drops are random and you're not guaranteed to get any, and it's just as hard to get the right color crystal you want.

So I propose this. A mod that puts at least some static, guaranteed crystals and robes in the game, preferrably end of Telos/post-Telos. Like, say an okay robe at the middle of a planet and a very good robe well-hidden at the end of one or on the body of a boss/mini-boss near the end. The robes at the end of a planet would be equal, but different. For instance, the end-of-Onderon robe would have +2 strength and health regeneration, but the end-of-Nar Shadaa robe would have +3 constitution and poison immunity. This is just an example, and these robes wouldn't have to be created, as there are a couple parallel, equally valuable yet differently useful robes already in the game.

Crystals could be placed liberally as well, so that you don't have to go through the whole game looking for a cool colored crystal. Ordinary colors like blue, green, yellow and red could be found commonly and easily, while orange, purple, viridian, silver, etc. could be found near the end, like the very good robes.

I would appreciate anyone who could take the time to work on this or point me in the direction of an already existent mod, though I couldn't find one. It wouldn't take any modeling or item creation/alteration or anything, you would just have to place various items in various places. I'm not a scripter or anything, but I don't think that'd be too hard.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

I thought there were more than enough robes in the game, personally. And you can get virtually any colour crystal from most of the merchants in the game, like the rodian on Nar Shadaa for example. I mean yes the loot system is pretty random, but you're just about guaranteed to get a Jedi Master cloak after killing one of the masters. Jedi/Knight robes are pretty common too. For me at least.

Archived